Adobe Flex Builder 3 Download

Posted: November 9, 2011 in Flex

I had to track down a download location for Adobe’s Flex 3 install today. It was a little hard to find so I thought I’d share this link for a Windows install:

Why it’s at a macromedia.com address I have no clue, but hope this helps someone out. This defaults to a 60 day trail and you can enter your license as well.

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Rob Woods says:

uhh..flex builder has been replaced by flash builder 4.0 for over a year or two. And 4.5 has been out for quite some time also.

• Chris says:

Thanks Rob, but I’ve pretty much left Flex in the cobwebs in preference of jQuery as that’s all I need for what I do. But still have to support some legacy applications and I’m not planning on upgrading.

• Exactly, if you’re going forward with new development Flex Builder 3 doesn’t make a lot of sense, but if you’re supporting legacy applications that need the occasional bug fix or new feature added it’s handy to have this where it can quickly be downloaded.

Thanks for the link, you’re a life saver.

• Stokes says:

Ditto. It’s almost 2014 now and I still found this link useful. Thanks!

2. Soumya Vinod says:

Thanks, you saved my time. Flash builder 4 has some compatibility issues when migrating from version 3, which mean the design option won’t come.
    My client is using version 3 and i was searching for its source, this post helps me

3. Dimeke says:

Hello… Guess what? http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flex/flex_builder/FB3_mac.dmg also works! (as of September 27th, 2012)

4. AFShin says:

Thank you So much. I was exactly looking for this. I have lots of project in Flex Builder 3, that converting to a FB4.6 is really a pain

5. Jasen says:

Just got a contract for an old flex 3 project and had a very hard time tracking it down until this post. Thanks for posting!

6. Mee says:

Likewise can u pls tell a proper download link for flash builder 4?

7. Ramón says:

Thanks a lot, man. Couldn’t find it anywhere, thought I had it. Saved the license by mere chance.
    Thanks, thanks, thanks.

8. Gaurav sajwan says:

Are you kidding me ?
    Its not getting downloaded in full and stuck in between evertytime .

9. MrTeamRIAB says:

January 2017 here! Thanks so much for posting this! I have a legacy app built in FB3 and couldn’t find this outside of a torrent with 0 seeders! Got the full DL and installed with no problems.