After trying to track down a slow server issue, I noticed that the Solr Collections list in the ColdFusion Administrator did not have the usual list including “core0”. I’m not sure if this list ever existed as this is a new multi-server instance setup by another person. However I did know something was wrong.
So my first step was to locate the collections directory for this instance and delete everything. Wrong thing to do.
Taking a look at the “C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\solr\logsstderr-????_??_??.log” I see I’m now getting “SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can’t find resource ‘solrconfig.xml’ in classpath or ‘C:\JRun4\servers\…\cfusion.ear\cfusion.war\WEB-INF\cfusion\collections\…’, cwd=C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\solr” when I run my page script. The script detects if the collection exists; if not then create it; then populate the collection.
So now I’m thinking that the collection list probably exists in an XML config file somewhere, but is somehow corrupted as the ColdFusion Administrator can’t read it.
After doing some searching I find the “core” list in “C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\solr\multicore\solr.xml”. The XML has multiple core children elements under the “solr\cores” path which include the standard “core0” and my missing collections. Because I can just delete those collections, recreating them problematically later, I decide to delete all core elements except “core0/”. Not sure if I need to restart anything or not, I restart the SOLR service and the ColdFusion instance.
I now see “core0” in the ColdFusion Collections list as normal and am able to create collections normally as well.