If you install a ColdFusion server under IIS 7 with default options, which is included with Windows 7, you will probably get a 500 error and less hair on your head.
The problem lies with a few IIS options you need to install.
- Uninstall ColdFusion if you already have it installed
- Open Control Panel > Programs
- Select “Turn Windows features on or off”
- If “Internet Information Service” is not checked, then check it
- Check “IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility” under “Web Management Tools” > “IIS 6 Management Compatibility”
- Check “ISAPI Extensions” under “World Wide Web Services” > “Application Development Features”
- Select “OK” to install these features
- Install ColdFusion