CF Builder vs Sublime Text 2 Resources Comparison

Posted: May 15, 2013 in ColdFusion, Sublime Text
Tags: , ,

Now that I’ve got my Sublime Text 2 plugins all installed and configured to what I mostly prefer, here’s what both take up in terms of resources when first booted up:

IDE RAM Disk
CF Builder 2.0.1 185,420 K 525 MB
Sublime Text 2.0.1 47,232 K 20 MB + 67.5MB App Data

Also take into consideration that Sublime Text takes only a few seconds to start, which ColdFusion Builder takes around 1/2 minute.

Now if I could only get some better “IntelliSense” type support for CF like CFC introspection – that’d be awesome!

Advertisements
Comments
  1. thevitc says:

Can you please share the plugins you have installed for a typical Web / CF development eviro? Thanks.

2. matt says:

Elipse takes 1.8 seconds to fully load on my ubuntu ssd laptop, however sublime text takes under .2 seconds, sublime text is just all round a better IDE, especially the package manager, there is just soo many useful plugins for it

• Chris says:

Wow Matt – I think you have a blazing system rocking there. There just needs to be an enhanced package discovery tool. They need to add ratings, feedback and categories I think.

3. Paul says:

Sublime text is great, but it’s not an IDE. At a minimum Sublime Text would need built in debugging to even be in the same league as an IDE. I just don’t want your readers to think Sublime text is an IDE, because it is not. Their own description says it best – http://www.sublimetext.com/

4. Paul says:

It’s not a compiler either. More of a text editor on steroids, but not an IDE.

5. Paul says:

Just trying to be technical, but at the end of the day if you can do everything you need within Sublime Text to build your project, I guess it’s an IDE:)