I have a Word 2010 document that is pre-populated as a template for writing specifications. It’s nicely laid out with headers, footers, and numbering for sections and sub-sections.
However I can’t get a screen shot to paste correctly for the life of me. I tried using Jing, Alt-Print Screen, and copying from Paint.
Here’s how I can get it to show up:
- Create a new document and paste
- Randomly select different parts of the document and the image might show up on random parts of the document either full length or cut off the page.
- Save the image and insert it into the document using Insert > Picture
None of the above will help me though.
Here’s what I tried, but will not work:
- Switch to a different document view
- Try every type of Text Wrap
- Made sure the placeholder option was disabled
- Bring Forward, Send Backward
- Align to Page, Align to Margin
- … and much more
I know it’s on the page “somewhere” because if I open the “Selection and Visibility” view it’s there and I can format the “invisible picture”. If I give the image a “Picture Layout” I can sometimes see the image being formated.
I searched and searched Google. Turned off smart pasting. Now I’m giving up and saving the image to insert it that way.
If you’ve run into this before, I would love to hear your suggestions as this is a huge time waster! Thanks in advance.