I currently have a customer who is switching hundreds of websites over to us for hosting on a dedicated server. They currently use GoDaddy’s Total DNS and it works out pretty good for them.
While trying to find a way to switch all IP addresses without having to do them one by one I did a little research for bulk Total DNS updates. I quickly ran into it can’t be done. I could only export a DNS set and import it one by one. So basically we where stuck manually updating each domain manually.
Then I figured out I was looking for the wrong “term”. I needed to use the “Copy” function.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log into the Domain Manager
- Edit a domain you want changed to the new IP
- Select Total DNS Control
- Check the DNS entries you want duplicated
- Click the Copy button at the top
- Select the domains to copy the records to
- Click “Copy Records”
My customer’s life just got a whole lot easier!